Sunday 27 December 2009

Sugar Skulls Dress


When I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, I found a book called Sublime Stitching by Jenny Hart. I had just heard of the website and loved the embroidery patterns in it, so bought it and rekindled my love of decorative stitching. I also bought her other book Embroidered Effects which has this great pattern of Mexican Day of the Dead sugar skulls in it. My friend on the ship loved it too so we decided to find her a white dress to embroider it on. While in Roatan, Honduras we found the prefect dress and I got going… in a couple of evenings I had finished and this is the final result. My friend loves it and wore it around the ship all the time! I’m really proud of this one and can’t wait to get started o my next embroidery project!


No comments:

Post a Comment