Tuesday 21 December 2010

The Sketchbook Project 2011

sketchbook project

I have signed up to be part of the Art House Co-Op Sketchbook Project 2011. I'm really taking the plunge as a fibre artist. I realised recently that that is what I am - an artist who works in fibre. Most of my work is costume and clothing and it's showcase has been theatre. Now I want to get my work out into the rest of the world.

I haven't exhibited anything since collage so this is a big deal for me. I've got until January 12th to get my Sketchbook done and the theme is Jackets, Blankets & Sheets - apt for a stitcher, don't you think?! Each page is going to be a stitched panel based around a word I brainstormed around the theme. I'm super excited about it!

As soon as I have photos of the pages I'll post them here so you can see them and you can let me know what you think. For now, wish me luck!

Check out my Sketchbook Project Profile Page here

Sketchbook Tour Map 2

No comments:

Post a Comment