Wednesday 16 May 2012

It's Springtime!

Springtime 1


The most recent Phat Quarter swap was themed around Spring. When I heard this I thought of only one thing - Zebedee!

For those who don't know, Zebedee is a character from a children's tv show called The Magic Roundabout. It was on tv in the 60s and 70s but was repeated when I was a child. It was great and groovy and Zebedee was a jack-in-the-box.

Springtime 2


I decided to produce a piece in a hoop frame. I've not done this before and I just got given a bunch of wooden hoops exactly for this purpose. I think it suited this piece quite well, in fact my mum liked it so much I have to make her one as well :-)

Springtime 3


This is a bit more twee than my usual pieces but it's bright and cheery which is exactly what spring time should be about!

No comments:

Post a Comment