Friday 29 July 2011

Exhibition Report: MVAN Diversity Three

50265_461344250566_5450005_n


I have just discovered an art group in my area called the Maidstone Visual Artists Network. Unfortunately for me, I cannot join as I am not around enough to fully participate. However, I'm on the mailing list and went to see an exhibition of the group's work in Maidstone Library this week.

I didn't realise there was such a diverse range of artists in my local area. From looking at the MVAN website I saw that a lot of different artists were members, but I didn't realise such a range of art would be represented at the exhibition - I guess that's why is was called Diversity Three!

The work on display was just gorgeous, as you can see from the photos below and I was inspired to keep working on my won art and get it out there. I wish I was in the country more often so I could work with the network and be part of their great movement. Next time I am home I will be trying to get to their monthly meetings so I can meet some of these great people in the flesh!

MVAN 1
Treescape 3 by Sue Pritchard

MVAN 2
Rabbitdeer by Sue Blinkho

MVAN 3
I love the stitching on this piece by
Sue Blinkho

MVAN 4
Hybrid 1 by Sue Blinkho


MVAN 5
And Is There Honey Still For Tea? by Veronica Tonge

MVAN 10
Synchronicity by Veronica Tonge

MVAN 6
Reflections 1 by Diane Sergeant

MVAN 7
Broken Sky by Jo Savage

MVAN 8
Blame by Jo Savage

MVAN 9
Koi and Field Poppies by Janet Jackson

You can find out more about MVAN at their website here or on their Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment