Saturday 27 March 2010

Oyster Bay Necklace and Relocation??


I found this little shell in Aruba and loved its strange colours. It inspired me to juxtapose materials when making it into the centrepiece of a necklace. I experimented with wire-wrapping, making looped links to hold the shell along with wrapped pearls from Germany in harmonising colours. I then lengthened the necklace with sea grass coloured hemp.

I think this piece is delicate and subtle, emphasising the bold colours of the shell itself. Let me know what you think!

This piece is currently available for sale in my shop here.

On a personal note, I’m thinking about relocating. With my cruise line phasing out my production company I have been looking for a new job, maybe on ships, maybe on land. I’ve applied for a few things back in England but I have a friend in Tennessee who might be able to find me something…. I’d just have to work out work visas and stuff. Anybody have any advice they’d like the share? I’d much appreciate it! - Leave me a comment!


1 comment:

  1. i don't have much advice to offer about relocating to the US, but i know that its a really long difficult process of paperwork. cool experience working on the cruise ships? have you been able to see a lot of amazing places?

    ReplyDelete