Sunday 18 April 2010

Deep Blue Sea Necklace and Happy Birthday Dad!

Deep Blue Sea Necklace1


I got a little bit of time to myself this weekend, so I overhauled my site and added new items to my Etsy store. Leave a comment to let me know what you think of both!

See my website here

See my store here

And now for some new craftiness...
I found this chunk of shell in Aruba and it reminded me of a pelvis bone ;-) I liked the bleached quality of its colours, but also liked the negative space created by the central column. Rather than combining it with just pale beads I opted to use it as a base to showcase brighter colours… like the blue of the sea where I found it.

The shell is wire-wrapped with blue coated wire. It is accompanied by wooden beads from Miami, Florida and glass beads from New York and Germany. The harmonising sea grass coloured hemp and blue green beads bring the power of the ocean to this piece.

This necklace is currently available in my store
here

Deep Blue Sea Necklace2

And finally, it's my Dad's birthday today. So everyone say Happy Birthday to Mr. Donn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment