Tuesday 6 April 2010

Mary Jane Donn - My Grandmother


I am at home for about three weeks right now. On Saturday night I got an urgen text from my mother telling me to call home and when I did I discovered that my grandmother had passed away.

I am very close to all of my family. We all live very close together in the same town. For a short while my brother and myself even lived with my Nan and Granddad while my mum went to university to get her degree.

My Nan taught me many things. She taught me how to grow flowers and tend a garden. She gave me my love of animals and nature by taking me to every zoo and farm we could visit. She introduced me to peanut butter. She taught me how to look after my hair, which I always get comments on.

Along with my mother, she has always been an example of a strong woman who always did what she wanted. She raised a functional and happy family and had a loving husband.

Though I didn’t get to see her before she passed, I know she was proud of me and happy that I was doing what I loved.

To my Nan, Mary Jane Donn – your memory will live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment